General Contracting (Design/Bid/Build)
Best suited for: less complicated projects that are budget sensitive but are not schedule sensitive and not subject to change.
- Established, familiar delivery method
- Simpler process to manage
- Project scope well defined when construction cost is established
- Both design team and contractor accountable to Owner
- Open, aggressive bidding
- Lowest price proposed and accepted; pricing, including contractor fee and overhead developed competitively; “best price”